The Lahore International Children’s Film Festival, a project by The Little Art, is selecting three young people to represent Pakistan as part of the international jury at the 48th Giffoni Film Festival in Italy to be held from July 20th to 28th, 2018.
The Giffoni International Film Festival takes place in the little Italian town of Giffoni Valle Piana in Campania, Southern Italy. It is the largest children’s film festival in Europe and possibly, the world. Over 4,800 children attend the festival from 39 countries around the world. During the festival, the children and teenagers learn about the filmmaking process, watch the films, give their verdict and award the best ones with prizes. Over the last five years, The Little Art has managed to take children delegates to international children’s film festivals in Giffoni (Italy), Doha (Qatar) and Isfahan (Iran).
This year, they are looking for three young people for the following sections:
- One person for the section ‘Generator’: The applicant should be between the ages of 13 and 15 years (born between August 1, 2002 and July 31, 2005).
- One person for the section ‘Generator’: The applicant should be between the ages of 16 and 17 years (born between July 15, 2000 and July 31, 2002).
- One person for the section ‘Generator’: The applicant should be over 18 years (born before 15 July, 2000).
Final delegates for each section will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Has an interest in film and visual media;
- Is confident enough to represent Pakistan at the international level;
- Can use English comfortably as a working language; and,
- Holds a valid passport with minimum 6 months left for expiry.
Terms and Conditions
Please review the terms and conditions for entry and travel as given below:
- Cost of the stay, food and local travel for the total stay of 11 days is sponsored for the selected children.
- Cost of return flight, visa, health insurance and management fee (Rs. 250,000/) will be borne by the participants.
The selected delegates will travel to Italy for the festival with The Little Art team. A tentative itinerary is given below:
- Last date of application: April 15, 2018
- Departure to Italy: July 18, 2018
- Return to Pakistan: July 30, 2018
Note: Selections will be done on rolling basis and hence, it is advised for interested applicants not to wait for the last date.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in applying for any of the positions, please click here.
If you have any questions about the Giffoni Film Festival and/or process for applying, you can send an email to email@example.com
The Little Art is a registered non-profit arts education organization. They use art as a medium to promote education and inculcate positive social values through innovative learning opportunities among children and the youth, especially those from marginalized and low-income backgrounds. Their work is in both, the public and private education sectors through child-centered programs to improve children’s experience of learning through the arts.